Saturday, January 16, 2010

Journal Welcome

It's interesting that I consider myself a writer, and yet I rarely write. I wonder where I got that impression of myself. Today on the beach, when Hannah (my daughter) said she thought I was a great writer and repeated her suggestion that I start a blog, I realized that today was the day. I also use a written journal sometimes, and I enjoy the feeling of the pen gliding on the paper, but mostly I use that for "morning pages" to let out the creativity rather than to create something of inspiration or beauty.

We also talked about keeping a dream journal which I occasionally do. It's so interesting how the dream can be captured in those early moments after awakening but quickly fades with time. Even when I read over the accounts of my dreams a short time later, I'm astounded that I don't recall the details or feelings that I've written. I wonder why that is.

Isn't technology amazing? I have a couple of friends that don't use computers often or at all. I can see the point at times - I sometimes feel that way about the telephone - but I am personally delighted at the opportunities so easily available by computer. This blogging program, the web, facebook, youtube - omg - so much fun to be had and time to be wasted! I've always been able to "lose myself" in computer programming, and it's exhilarating how quickly the field has evolved.

Enough for now... Enjoy your day.
Aloha from Jeanie

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Hannah talked you in to writing. They are fun to read and seem to always carry a central theme.

    Dreaming is an interesting area. I swear I could write entire movies from a dream, if only I could remember them with the same passion, resolution and correctness they seemed to have had in the dream. The mere act of writing about them seems to change them.

    Lucid dreaming is a form of dreaming and being aware of them. Here is a link for some testing done on the big island of Hawaii http://myislandhealth.com/AlternativeHealing//video/Hv4lUSfxlfo&feature=youtube_gdata_player This is one of my sites.

    They say that forgetting your dreams is a way for nature to make sure you wake up ready to deal with reality. Wouldn't want to wake up to a bear in your cave while your still relaxing in a waterfall.

    ReplyDelete